Rules of the Boathouse
Traffic and Parking Rules
- The speed limit is 15 mph
- Dropping/picking up off in front of the boathouse is prohibited. When dropping off or picking up your athlete, continue past the boathouse to the parking lot on the south side. This is the safest place to pick up and discharge passengers.
- Parking in the grassy area between the HRRA boathouse and the neighboring Cornell and Marist Boathouses is prohibited except on race days.
- The spaces in front of the boathouse have been designated for coach and handicapped access use only. Please do not park in these spaces!
Use of the Boathouse and the Grounds
The boathouse and the grounds are for the use of the tenants and members of the Hudson River Rowing association. Athletes are expected to respect the facilities and the grounds at all times.
- If food and beverages are brought to the boathouse, the empty containers should be deposited in the appropriate refuse container and not left lying on the ground or on the floor of the bay.
- Clothing and personal items should be brought home on a daily basis. Any clothing or personal item left behind can easily be lost, stolen or damaged. HRRA and FDR Crew are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Items brought to the boathouse should be contained in a duffel bag or back pack etc. The bags are to be placed in the cabinet provided in the bay and not left on the floor. Items left on the floor can be damaged, stolen or create a safety hazard for others.