Race Day Information
Clothing Needed For a Race:
- Uniform - orders placed at parent meeting in March
- Must HAVE or will not be able to race.
What Rower should bring to a Race:
- Extra clothes, extra socks, blanket, pillow, rain boots/shoes, water, hat gloves rain jacket
- Towel, gallon zip lock bag or shopping bag for wet clothes, suntan lotion, bug spray
- Money for shirts/race merchandise (optional), hand sanitizer (optional), something to keep busy with when not racing (book, travel
- board game....)
- Be CAUTIOUS with electronics, they can get wet, forgotten or stolen
- Rowers ARE responsible for what they bring with them. FDR Crew, coaches or the boathouse are NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost or
- stolen property.
What Rower should NOT bring to a Race:
- Anything that the Rower can not bear to lose due to theft, loss or unintentional damage.
What happens at a Race for Rowers:
- Load and unload boat Trail
- Rig & de-rig boats - EVERY team member MUST help.
- Rest and eat. (DO NOT eat heavy at least 2 hours before a race. There will be food waiting afterwards for racers.)
- BE ON TIME for start of race - 1.5 hours before race OR when the Coach Advises.
What happens at a Race for Parents/Spectators:
- Relax and CHEER
What the Spectator Should Bring to the Race:
- Chair, binoculars, umbrella, camera, food, beverages, extra blanket, warm clothes.
- For a small fee per person, can purchase food and beverages from the Team Tent.
Behavior Expected by Rower:
- Be on Time and Be prepared
- Listen to and RESPECT the Coaches and Parents helping out.
- Be Respectful of other Team members and Teams
- ALL hands on deck till dismissed by Coach
- Have your rower to the HOME races or to the DEPARTURE location for away races ON TIME.
- Need to make coaches aware.
Who to Go To for Questions/Answers:
1. A Hyde Park Rowing Association (HPRA) Board Member
Contact information can be found at www.fdrcrew.org
2. Coaches: Novice Boys : Coach Even Quest Novice Girls: Coach Lyndsey Posner
Varsity Boys: Coach Harry Harrington Varsity Girls: Coach Kate Brownson